One way to add another dimension to your fitness shoot is via props! You don't want anything too big and distracting, but here is a list of a few things you can add to your next fitness shoot.
1. Boxing wraps, these can be used a number of ways.You can do some photos with you wrapping your hands, have them colour co-ordinated with your outfit or or the opposing colour in the colour spectrum. Always be careful to not do them too tight as it may leave marks on your hands for the next shot or wait till the last shot to use them.
2. Dumbbells or kettlebells, you can demonstrate an exercise, have them on the ground to add an extra element. Also handy to do some curls in between shots to get some extra pump in your arms.
3. Battle Rope, again can just be a prop on the ground, exercises with ropes can look quite cool with a slow shutter and creating blur with ropes. Draping them around yourself or over your shoulder can also create an interesting image.
4. Skipping rope, demonstrate skipping exercises, draped over shoulders or simply on the ground next to you can add an extra element.
5. A bag of chalk, chalk can really create a dramatic image. Clapping your hands when covered in chalk can create a rather cool chalk cloud. You can now buy bags of chalk in a range of colours, get creative!
6. Towel and a bottle of water, you are doing a fitness shoot! Spray yourself with a mix of gelatin and water to create that sweaty look! You can then use the towel to wipe the sweat of your face whilst holding the bottle of water or simply have it as a prop in your photo. There are a number of ways you can use these two props in your photos.
Hope you found these tips useful? Got any crazy ideas for other props? Shoot me a message, would love to hear your thoughts!